Wookey Hole – Guide
Nature & scope of job
To demonstrate effective communication and salesmanship techniques to all visitors.
To deliver an efficient, cheerful and courteous service to all visitors at all times.
To have a good knowledge of Wookey Hole & Attractions, to ensure courtesy and attention is given to all customers with any reasonable assistance that may be required.
- To provide the highest standards of welcome to all visitors.
- To ensure the highest standards of ‘presentation’ and cleanliness throughout the premises and in particular, in the work areas for which you are immediately responsible.
- To promote Wookey Hole to customers so as to maximise sales of Guide Books, and ‘cross-sell’ Shops and Penny Arcade whenever possible.
- To be responsible for the security and accounting of all monies handled in the course of employment.
- To report for duty at the times specified and ensure that a high standard of personal presentation and appearance is maintained at all times.
To have a good knowledge of Wookey Hole and its attractions, to learn the scripts and provide site interpretation in the Caves, Museum and Paper Mill.
- To protect confidential information about Wookey Hole and its security systems.
- To study the Staff Training Manual and the Staff Handbook, become familiar will the contents and abide by the rules and guidance contained in them.
- Observe all Health & Safety at Work Regulations as set out by the Company in accordance with its statutory obligations.
- To uphold the name and reputation of Wookey Hole Ltd. at all times.
- To undertake all such other duties as may reasonably be required.
In-house on-the-job training will be provided for all new staff. Training is an on-going process, and will serve to support the team’s goals to provide excellent service.
As this is a seasonal role, flexibility of working hours, and weekend and Bank Holiday working will be part of the requirements for this role.
Personal presentation and cleanliness, with an outgoing, friendly and positive disposition are paramount.
You will be required to wear a uniform during working hours.
If you are interested please send your CV/details to email@example.com or call between 10am and 4pm