Wookey Hole – Caves-Mill Guide
Wookey Hole Caves & Attractions
Wookey Hole Caves are looking for new Cave and Mill Guides to join their friendly team during School Holidays and Half-Terms!*
Are you looking to gain experience in a fast-paced, popular and vibrant tourist attraction? Working for one of the UK’s top family attractions could be the perfect opportunity for you!
By joining the Guides team you will enjoy a visitor-facing role, engaging with our guests in a variety of areas across the resort, ensuring they have a fabulous day out at Wookey Hole!
We are searching for confident, welcoming and approachable individuals who are capable of consistently providing exceptional customer service and exceeding our visitor’s expectations.
*There are a number of seasonal positions available in this department, with permanent positions available for the right candidate. Seasonal positions can expect full-time hours during the Summer Holidays – ideal for university students and sixth form students!
- Working days to include weekends, Bank Holidays and School Holidays
- Full training will be given to each successful candidate
- Uniform will be provided to you free of charge
Job role description
- Providing memorable guided tours of the showcaves (historical information and scripts will be provided for your use)
- Hosting of paper making demonstrations
- Operating of the 4D Cinema
- Contribute towards maintaining cleanliness and tidiness across the site
- Assisting with large groups and educational visits to Wookey Hole
- Providing each of our guests with exceptionally positive, warm and friendly welcomes to Wookey Hole Caves
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Punctuality and reliability
- Ability to inform guests of, and promote, other areas and attractions across the resort; Penny Arcade, Gift Shop, Hotel, Wild Wookey etc. (upselling)
- A smart and presentable appearance (uniform will be provided to successful candidates)
If you are interested in this position, we would love to see your CV!
Please send a copy to our Mill Manager Colin Marchant: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if you have any questions about the role or would like to find out more before applying, please call one of our Office Team on 01749 672243 who would love to hear from you.