- www.wellswalkingtours.co.uk – City tours and countryside rambles in and around Wells, the smallest city in England, set in stunning countryside at the foot of the Mendip Hills.
- www.smoothhound.co.uk – Wells Hotels, guest houses and bed and breakfasts
- www.wellssomerset.com – Visitor Information for the City of Wells & North Somerset
- The Holiday Cottages – www.theholidaycottages.co.uk
- The B&B Directory – www.thebandbdirectory.co.uk
- The Camping & Caravanning Directory – www.camping-and-caravanning.co.uk
- Hotels Available – www.hotelsavailable.co.uk
- www.wellscathedral.org.uk Wells Cathedral is located in the mediaeval city of Wells in Somerset and has been described as “the most poetic of the English Cathedrals”. Admission to the Cathedral is by donation and includes a free scheduled tour (available every day except Sundays). Family trail leaflets are also available free of charge which help children to learn about the main highlights and history of the Cathedral by following a fun trail.
- Somerset Carnivals – www.cispp.org.uk
- Wells Leisure Centre offers a huge range of activities to cater for the health and leisure needs of the whole community
- Clarks Village The UK’s first and foremost outlet shopping centre
- Ballooning Network Hot-Air Balloon Flights
- Bailey Balloons – based in Ham Green, Bristol, we fly our hot air balloons from Bristol and Bath.
- Burcott Mill
- Cheddar Caves & Gorge
- The British Association of Show Caves
- Bristol Zoo
- Fashion Museum of Bath
- The Roman Baths and Pumproom
- The National Trust
- Mendip Hills
- East Somerset Railway
www.thelloydgillgallery.com – A new contemporary Gallery in Weston – Super – Mare that showcases the best Artistic Talent on scheduled basis. Open Tue – Sat noon – 3pm all other times are appointment only. Please go to www.thelloydgillgallery.com to view current show and details for Artist submission.
- Day Out With The Kids
Family-friendly attractions throughout the UK.
- Hilton Bath City Hotel www.hilton.com/bathcity
- A unique 2-bedroom self-catered holiday cottage in Wookey Hole – www.stayatnumber3.co.uk
- Stay in Lodges: http://www.stayinlodges.co.uk/search/all-regions/Somerset/Lodges–Log-Cabins/all-villages/all-specialities/
- www.thebeachhousecompany.co.uk – Luxury self-catered holiday homes that are on or near the beach in Cornwall & Devon
- www.premiersuitesbristolcabotcircus.eu/ – Luxury serviced apartments in Bristol, suitable for both short and long term stays. PREMIER SUITES PLUS Bristol Cabot Circus offer a choice of 1 or 2 double bedrooms.
- www.premiersuitesbristolredcliffe.eu – Luxury serviced apartments, suitable for both short and long term stays. Our contemporary and stylish Bristol apartments are ideally located to experience all Bristol has to offer.
- www.accommodationbristolairport.co.uk – Hillcroft B&B and self-catering accommodation is perfectly situated for families, groups, couples, friends or single travelers wanting to relax and explore what North Somerset has to offer.
- www.thecrossways.co.uk – Luxury accommodation overlooking the beautiful view of Glastonbury Tor.
- Mulberry Cottages sells dreams, where the sun is always shining, life is slower, and everyone is happy and having fun. Thanks to the locations and unique distinctiveness of our cottages, Mulberry Cottages has had such a huge growth since it began in 2006! Ranging from Seaside, town, to countryside catering for all families, couples or even larger parties. Whatever you want and wherever you choose we want you to have the best time you can have www.mulberrycottages.com/
- www.blorengehouse.co.uk – self catering holiday apartments and hotel rooms in Taunton.
- Cheddar Woods Nestled in the beautiful Mendip Hills, Cheddar Woods is the perfect place to relax and unwind. Breath taking scenery awaits you at our state of the art park which is the ideal location for all family holidays. Set in an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, our fabulous park boasts beautifully furnished lodges and facilities for you to enjoy. www.cheddarwoods.co.uk
- www.countrycottagesonline.com A selection of some of the loveliest most comfortable
- Burcott Mill
holiday cottages and pine lodges in Somerset
- Sykes Cottages – Somerset Holiday Cottages
Our Somerset holiday cottages make a perfect base for your trip to Wookey Hole.
- Holiday Cottages in Somerset Family retreats, dog friendly breaks and romantic escapes, find your perfect cottage in Somerset
- www.the-castle-hotel.com The Castle at Taunton is one of the West Country’s finest castle hotels, located in the heart of Somerset.
- www.helpfulholidays.com – The finest self catering holiday cottages in Devon, Cornwall, Somerset and Dorset.
- www.perfectstays.co.uk – Luxury Self Catering in Cornwall and Somerset
- www.hoburne.com – Hoburne Blue Anchor Holiday Park offers a great base for caravan holidays and touring holidays, and in set in a stunning location and has outstanding on site facilities
- Walkers Farm Cottages Superb quality holiday lets.
- www.theoldoaks.co.uk 5 star touring caravan park & campsite exclusively for adults www.theoldoaks.co.uk
- www.schoolhousewookey.co.uk Stay in a well-equipped holiday apartment which sleeps 4 and which is available all year round to rent for a week or short break. Part of the high quality restoration of the Old School in Wookey Hole originally built in 1844, the school was carefully converted into apartments and mews houses in 2010. With two bedrooms and two bathrooms, dishwasher, washer/dryer, WIFI, satellite TV, and Bluray DVD player you can take the break that you need with the comfort you desire.
- www.caravaninbrean.co.uk – Caravan in Brean for hire
- Martindale Cottage and Dairy Barn – Self-catering accommodation to rent, Draycott, Cheddar, www.martindale-cottage.co.uk
- www.torfarm.co.uk – Large holiday cottage and self catering log cabins with hot tubs.
- Doubletree by Hilton Cadbury House. The South West’s newest 4 star contemporary boutique hotel.
- Wiltshire Farmstay is part of a reputable national group offering high quality B&B and self-catering accommodation
- Pratts Hotel – Situated in the heart of Bath Somerset, Pratt’s Hotel provides the perfect accommodation to explore the areas local attractions.
- Bucklegrove Caravan Park
- Somerset cottages – Find and book 2 bedroom cottages in Somerset. Your guide to cottages and apartments in Somerset, UK
- Webbington Hotel – The Best Western Webbington Hotel and Spa is ideally situated in peaceful countryside to the south of Bristol, with good access to the M5 and within easy reach of local attractions.
- The Gorge View Apartments – Located at the foot of majestic Cheddar Gorge, our luxury (Enjoy England) Four Star apartments are an ideal location for families with children.
- Nick & Sue Lee – Whitegate Cottage B&B Milton Lane, Wookey Hole 01749 675326 email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greenacres Camping – Award-winning family campsite, set in beautiful Somerset countryside, just 5 miles from Wookey Hole. Highest AA quality rating of any campsite in Somerset, also featured in the independent Cool Camping and Alan Rogers guides. Lots of space for children to play in safety and comfort
- StaySouthWest A comprehensive guide to accommodation in the South West of England, with hotels, self catering holiday cottages, bed & breakfasts, hostels, holiday parks and camping and caravan sites in Avon, Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Gloucestershire, Somerset & Wiltshire
- Watermead Guest House Friendly guest house in South Somerset. Unique large family room sleeps up to 5 people.
- The Old Malt House Hotel near Bath – was built in 1835, and offers the ideal mix of convenience and seclusion. This family owned and run country hotel has accommodation comprising 11 ensuite bedrooms configured as double, twin and family rooms. Single occupancy is also available.
- www.hippysfarm.co.uk – Self Catering Holiday Cottage- Hippys Farm, Coleford, Nr Bath
- Holiday Cottages – offer the finest selection of personally inspected Holiday Cottages throughout Devon, Cornwall, Somerset and Dorset
- www.cheddarcottage.co.uk – a charming cottage situated in the village of Draycott, 2 miles from Cheddar, standing at the foot of the Mendip Hills with views of the Somerset Levels
- www.cedarhotel-wiltshire.co.uk – a small family run hotel in Westbury Wiltshire, with 20 bed rooms and a restaurant.
- Independent Self-catering Holiday Cottages – Self-catering holiday accommodation
- Pontins – Family holidays.
- Holbrook House – a luxury home from home.
- The Glastonbury Townhouse – Bed and Breakfast, a great place to stay
- www.holbrookhouse.co.uk – Holbrook House…a luxury home from home –
- www.breconridgebandb.com – Breconridge Bed and Breakfast
- Beachside Caravan Holiday Park – The perfect setting for a happy holiday – Caravans, Cottages & Bungalows
- The Crown at Wells – situated in the historic City of Wells Somerset UK for good food and accommodation
- Littlewell Farm – A family run Bed and Breakfast in the heart of the Somerset Countryside
- Arkadia – Real estate listings & holiday rentals
- Alpine Grove Touring Park
- Southfork Caravan Park
- Burcott Mill – B&B and Self Catering
- Bath Area Self Catering Association – a group of independent providers of quality self catering accommodation in the BATH area.
- Warrens Holiday Village
- Lyncombe Lodge Hotel & Restaurant
- Seymours Court Bed and Breakfast
- The Coach House
- Somerset Farm Accommodation
- Mendip Heights CampingHome Farm Cottages
- Brook Lodge Farm Camping & Caravan Park
- Somerset Country Cottages
- Hope Farm Cottages
- The Swan Hotel
- The Holiday Cottages
- Manor Farm Bed & Breakfast
- Sandy Glade Holiday Park
- Aztec Hotel & Spa Bristol
- Holiday Home Rental – If you are looking for a holiday home rentalsomewhere in England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, The Channel Islands or the The Isle of Man, try www.HolidayHomeRental.co.uk, a partner provider of self-catering holiday homes throughout the United Kingdom. The site contains over 10,000 self-catering vacation properties which are available direct from the owners and managers.
- Berkeley Apartments, a luxury serviced apartments provider in Bristol. www.berkeleyapartments.co.uk/
- Easy Bed and Breakfasts www.easybedandbreakfasts.co.uk
Holiday Guides / Tourism
- www.funthingstodowiththekids.com Fun things to do with the kids
- Little Travellers
Provide worldwide value for money, carefully selected inspiring child friendly holidays by leading travel specialists and tour operators, whether you’re looking for a luxury holiday, camping holiday, beach holiday, adventure or activity break.
- www.visitoeurope.com Europe travel directory includes travel preparation, destination guide, specialty travel, hotel reservations, transportation, lodging
- www.frixo.com – Real-time traffic reports when you need them
- BBC Guide to Somerset
- About Britain Somerset Tourism
- Information Britain
- Leisure Locator
- Visit Bristol
- Sightseeing Co
- Day Out UK
- English Travel Guide.com
- The Town Pages – Somerset
- Ruddick Tours
- Widecow.com – a website about places and attractions to visit all over Britain
Food, Drink and Entertainment
www.caveagedcheddar.co.uk Deep in heart of the Wookey Hole Caves lies a powerful secret. Deliciously moist, creamy, nutty and tangy Wookey Hole Cave Aged Cheddar
www.hawthornshotel.com – Hawthorns Hotel: Bar, Restaurant and Accommodation in Glastonbury, offering; Open Mic (A night full of live music) every Tuesday and Curry Club every Thursday
www.crownatwells.co.uk – The Crown at Wells & Anton’s Bistrot
www.ilovecheese.co. uk – focused on everything about cheese
www.jazzsouthwest.co.uk A Group of Somerset based Jazz musicians providing music for parties, corporate events, weddings, civil partnerships, restaurants, social clubs and jazz venues.
Products and Services
- www.somerstone.co.uk Somerstone Construction based in Somerset, specialise in the renovation and the development of traditional buildings.
- www.britevents.com – Brit Events: What’s on, when it’s on
- www.blackdogofwells.com – a unique range of relief tiles in natural terracotta which are full of detail and texture
*The home of internet fun & adventure for kids of all ages*
- www.mymatedave.co.uk – Site design, including this one
- www.jagprops.co.uk – Jagprops specialise in making props of all descriptions as well as set design, interior decoration and bespoke furniture
- The Venue Club – Wells
- www.jokeshop.co.uk – lots of fancy dress costumes and accessories for Halloween
- www.chinnocktaxis.co.uk – taxis, 8 seater + prestige, only 2 mins from bath & west show ground, less than 10 from castle cary station and only 40 mins from the bristol airport.
- www.cathedraltaxis.co.uk – Cathedral Taxis are an expanding business based in the city of Wells in Somerset. Over the last few years we have built a reputation for friendly, reliable service to both private and business customers. 01749 672244
- www.frixo.com Frixo is a road / motorway traffic reporting site giving users up to date information from various sources including the government’s official Highways Agency site.
- www.door2tour.com – Coach trips and touring holidays with local departures to Somerset plus attractions and events throughout the UK & Europe.
- Wellington Vehicles – a Vintage & Classic Rolls-Royce wedding hire company
- Mikes Cabs – Taxi service based in Frome with an 8 seater taxi for larger partie
If you are looking for a cheap car hire in Bristol, then compare rental cars from major brands at VroomVroomVroom. They make searching and booking for a car hire easy. You are sure to get the lowest rates and won’t get charged any booking fee. Book online or call 0808 164 1480.
Wookey Hole Caves and Attractions. A great Somerset day out!