Concessionary Rate – 50% Reduction
£15.00 (3-14yrs Inclusive)
Infants (under 3yrs): Free
Seniors (Aged 60 and over):
Children: £7.50 (3-14yrs inclusive)
Infants (under 3yrs): Free
Seniors (Aged 60 and over): £8.50
A concessionary rate is available for registered disabled persons (50% reduction on standard admission rates) and their registered carer. These tickets must be purchased on the door and documented proof shown. All other members of the party pay the standard admission rates. No other discounts or promotions can be used with this concessionary rate.
Wookey Hole understands that sometimes more than one carer is required, additional carers at the discounted rate are at Wookey Hole’s discretion. Please contact us in advance if you have any questions on: email@example.com – 01749 672243
Documented proof is required to obtain the concessionary rate, we accept the following:
- Disabled Living Allowance letter (DLA)
- Blue Badge (photo ID required)
- Signed letter from GP (photo ID required)
- PIP Letter (Personal Independence Payment)
Wookey Hole Caves and Mill Access Statement
This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
- For full details and maps of how to reach us please see the Travel information section of our website http://www.wookey.co.uk/wookey-information/travel-information/
The nearest bus stop is in the car park and 67 Webber Bus can be boarded from Wells bus station.
- Staff are on hand throughout the site should you require any assistance.
- We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01749 672243 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visitors with a particular or special need must inform the ticket office and we ask that all visitors when possible to speak to one of our site managers before their visit and they can make reasonable adjustments where necessary.
- There is ample free car parking with 9 blue badge spaces within a few yards of the main entrance. Alternatively, you can call ahead of your visit and we can make arrangements for you.
- Our brochure and guide are available in larger print on request.
- A concessionary rate is available for registered disabled persons (50% reduction on standard admission rates) and their registered carer. All other members of the party pay the standard admission rates. No other discounts or promotions can be used with this concessionary rate. Wookey Hole understands that sometimes more than one carer is required, additional carers at the discounted rate are at Wookey Hole’s discretion. Please contact us in advance if you have any questions.
- Disabled toilets for both men and women are available together with baby changing facilities.
- We have a set of evacuation procedures – should you require it, a member of staff will assist you with evacuation either out of the building to a safe area.
- We continually review and update our website and your comments are welcome to assist us with this. Please email email@example.com with any suggestions
- All attractions are accessible, excluding the cave, via flat hard surfaces and ramps.
- The temperature is a constant 11° Celsius in the caves.
- Water bowls are available for assistance dogs. Please ask a member of staff.
- Clear signage is used throughout the attraction using large font.
- There are large picnic areas throughout the site on level areas.
- Menus for the restaurant are available in large font upon request and our Chefs are happy to discuss any dietary requirements.
- There are four spaces reserved for wheelchairs in our theatre. Further spaces can be reserved on request.
- Wheelchairs cannot be wheeled through the caves. There are approximately 200 steps through the caves and three places where visitors are required to duck briefly to about 1.3 meters.
- A printed version of the tour is available for hearing impaired visitors and is also available in large font. Please inform us before your visit should this be required.
- Visitors and guests with walking difficulties can be assisted in the caves and given extra time on the tour.
- Please pay particular attention to the safety briefing given by the guide before entering the cave.
- Prams and pushchairs cannot be pushed through the caves. Lightweight buggies can be carried through and used afterwards; these can be hired from the Ice Cream Parlour. Alternatively pushchairs and buggies can be left in the Ice Cream Parlour and then collected by visitors after the cave tour.
- Visitors who feel uncomfortable in the caves should inform the guide who will advise the way out.
- Disabled visitors that are not visiting the caves are most welcome in the mill and valley, where they can watch a virtual tour of the caves while they wait for their family to join them and experience the rest of the attraction together.
- No dogs are allowed underground other than guide dogs which are allowed at their owner’s risk. Please talk to one of our site managers about the conditions which your guide dog will encounter.